Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Several Non-Dramatic Sketches of Trip to Edinburgh, November 2012 including, but not limited to, Angela’s best lines


Setting: The Hub, ground floor, on a couch
Characters: Angela, Kelsey, Lily, Boy in suit
Scene: Boy in suit and tie walking by, sees Kelsey lying down on the couch with scarf over face
  • Boy: somebody had too much fun
  • A & L: ...Yeah
  • K: No
  • -silence-
  • Boy: Where are you guys from?
  • L: We all go to Irvine.
  • A: Where are you from?
  • Boy: I go to Galway.
  • L: In Ireland--
  • A: Where’s that?
  • Boy: That’s in Ireland. West Coast.
  • L: Is it in the countryside?
  • Boy: Not really. If you go outside the city you see the hills and green and...
  • A: Do you see cows?
  • Boy: Yeah, lot of cows--
  • A & Boy: and sheep!
  • Boy: There are so many sheep there. Almost nothing else.
  • A: Did you see...um...ducks?
  • K: -gargles beneath the scarf covering her face-


Setting: Outside the Hub, waiting for bus
Characters: Angela, Lily
Scene: late at night, after dinner/dance, in the cold in dresses
  • L: -shivers violently-
  • A: so this is how it’s going to feel when I’m a hobo


Setting: Every place we visited
Characters: Kelsey
Scene: misc.
  • K: I love meat.
  • K: I love dogs.


Setting: Irrelevant/I forgot
Characters: Angela, Lily, Kelsey
Scene: I FORGOT
  • K: I’m going to die young.
  • A: You’re going to die with a barbecue rib and a Sprite in your hand


Setting: Ground-floor, Ivy Guest House
Characters: Lily, Kelsey, stranger
Scene: Lily is getting ready to shower shortly after checking in
  • L: I’m going to shower
  • K: k
  • L: -walks to bathroom, sets things down, prepares, and can’t turn water on-
  • S: -tries to open door loudly and several times-
  • L: -puts things back on and runs back to room defeated-
  • K: -looks up from computer-
  • L: someone tried to get into the bathroom while I was in there
  • L: and I couldn’t turn the water on
  • L: -cries silently-


Setting: everywhere
Characters: Angela
Scene: misc.
  • A: Sorry! I’m sorry!
  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha


Setting: everywhere
Characters: Angela and Lily
Scene: misc.
  • A: I am going to be an old cat lady with lots of cats
  • L: I love cats
  • A: I’m going to have a lot of them when I’m old
  • L: I love cats
  • A: When we’re old cat ladies wanna move in together and live in Edinburgh?
  • L: Yeah



Setting: on couch, long after Boy in suit has left
Characters: Kelsey, Lily, Angela
Scene: Kelsey and Lily gang up on Angela for asking about ducks
  • L: -laughing uncontrollably-
  • K: Did you see DUCKS?
  • A: Why did I ask about ducks? What made me think of ducks?
  • L: -laughing uncontrollably-
  • A: I think I thought of food, and then I thought of ducks.
  • L: -laughing uncontrollably-
  • K: That doesn’t make sense!
  • A: We do have ducks at home...ehehehehehehehehheheheh
  • K: I’m going to ask you that every time you come back from some place. After you go to the store-- ‘Hey, Angela...did you see ducks?’ and when you come back from the shower-- ‘Hey, Angela...did you see any ducks?”
  • A: I--
  • K: We have ducks at home, they have nothing to do with Ireland--
  • A: We see sheep at home, too--
  • L: Only at fairs. And they small, skinny, creepy sheep.
  • -silence, semi-drunk laughter from A&L-
  • K: Did you see any ducks?

No comments:

Post a Comment